Friday, May 14, 2010

Muddy Feet


Well, Nichole and I went out tonight to do our planting, without seeing the later emails that everyone said it was just TOO MUDDY. It was! We had to get ankle deep in sludge water in the valleys. We underestimated how muddy it would be - Nichole wore dress shoes, thinking she'd be able to take them off, but it was like a swamp with hills. (Nichole, you should send me a photo of those shoes - I hope they came clean!)

We planted swiss chard, pumpkin, and basil seeds. Janice brought out broccoli and cabbage plants, and one mystery plant that someone will have to identify (hoe?).

My 4 year-old, Isaac, wanted to help, so I let him walk over, thinking he'd love the mud and could set a broccoli plant in. He freaked out when his feet suctioned down with his crocs up to his ankles, stepped a huge footprint in one row and other 2 stomps in another (actually, now i think those rows weren't planted yet!) I was holding him up, but my feet were suctioned down too, and I was laughing so hard I may have peed my pants a bit. I had to throw him to Janice over the row of pumpkin seeds.

Janice gave all the kids trolls to placate them, and we bribed Isaac with the extra watermelon seeds to leave the gardening to us "experts" and plant seeds at home. We forgot cameras, so I took pictures of his crusted yucky feet when we got home.

Jessica and Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment