Thursday, May 13, 2010

Commandment 2

(...the first commandment being "don't plant carrot seeds when windy)...THOU SHALT NOT SKIP THY WORK DAY...because the Rain Gods will send torrential rains for the next 3 days, so that when one thinks it is safe to go plant seeds on an "off day," the ground will be waaayy too soggy to plant more than 12 inches into your chosen row...That would be my giant footprint, smooshing the dill seeds I just mixed neatly into the ground. That would also explain the note "1/4 row" (more like "1/6 row") done on the planting chart.

I did think of taking off my shoes & socks, and just straddling the rows in standing water, but I'm glad I didn't...my car thermometer read 48 degrees outside, and that is hypothermia weather right there. Next stop: waterproof rainboots. And wool socks, just in case the boots aren't waterproofed as advertised.

So yeah, marking my territory right here: dill, lettuce, and basil will be mine! Mwahahaha...as soon as the weather dries up, and warms up. Just a bit. Because Monday is not far off, and that is my work day.

On another note, I did find evidence of fairies at work. Must be easier to plant when you can *fly* over soggy ground....

--Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment