Saturday, May 8, 2010

DO NOT PLANT CARROT SEEDS WHILE WINDY!!!



Okay, okay, this is a learning group so not as bad as it might sound. Err, umm well, maybe I should have known. I was responsible for one row including carrots, beets, and onions. I got to the root of our garden... get it "root of our garden"...???

Anywaaayyyy - Todd helped get the rows lined up and he planted the onions. I did the beets which were small, but nothing like carrot seeds. Beets were fun, a good first seed.

THEN..

LET ME TELL YOU - I think I saw Aunt Em's house fly thru the air over Timbertown but, since the downpour stopped I thought it was safe. Um, no.

As I was leaning over to do my last section, carrots, a huge wind guest came behind me, flung my coat up over my head and all the tiny seeds went flying. If you have not seen a carrot seed, let me say - forget finding them. My only wish is that the neighboring gardeners have a sense of humor with my renegade carrots taking over their neat rows. Please don't vote me off the garden. I will try harder, honest! ~Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment